Quick Wobble: June Challenge Update

At the beginning of June I embarked on two challenges to look after my nutrition and boost my weight loss before heading on holiday.

The first was a Herbalife 21 Day Challenges where I replaced my breakfast with a healthy shake.  I attend breakfast networking meetings a few times week for my day job so sometimes I replaced my lunch with the shake instead.  As well as the shake, it was encouraged to have 4 small healthy meals or snacks throughout the day.  I am not much of a snacker, and with busy schedule I could not commit to this.  Alongside my shake, I did have 2 healthy meals everyday.  Wherever possible, I cook from scratch as I hate ping meals and processed food.  One evening I made a salmon and sweet potato fish cake and served it with salad and cous cous.  Other meals enjoyed were bolognese with butternut squash spaghetti, and chicken fajitas (just without the wraps and guacamole).


I made sure I drank at least 2 litres of water a day, some days I even managed the recommended 3 litres.  At the end of the challenge I lost 4 inches off my hips, 1 inch off my waist and 1 inch off under my bust.  Herbalife offer a trial pack for £8.60 including VAT which comes in a zip lock bag.  It includes 3 x vanilla and 3 x cookies and cream, 2 sachets of the tea Thermal Beverage which is one of their best sellers.  

I did not win the challenge, but was certainly pleased with the results!  I think these figures were boosted by challenge number 2 - to run 25 miles throughout the month.  This was so much harder for me.  I am not a runner, and after breaking my coccyx a few years ago exercise of any form can be uncomfortable.  Plus the unseasonably hot weather did not help in any way.

I came across the Race at Your Pace challenge late, and only signed up the night before the start of the month.  The virtual challenge asks you to make the pledge.  The entrance fee is £10 for the medal only or £14 to include a t-shirt.

I had to upload my evidence at the end of the month, which I had tracked with my FitBit, and had managed 26 miles in total.  I am very proud of my medal and certificate. Now I am home from holiday, I'll be trying to get back into running and will do another challenge in August.


Comments