Review Wobble: Stereophonics at Cardiff City Stadium

For Christmas my mother paid for the four of us (mum, dad, myself and my brother) to have hospitality at the Cardiff City Stadium for the Stereophonics gig.  I think we were all taken aback by the gift.  My brother loves live music, but this leans heavily on the alternative side of things.  Dad is a music fan, especially of The Beatles and The Who, but I did not think he liked anything past the 70's.  I have previously helped mum download the album for her iPod - that's right, she still uses an iPod.  I think she wishes it was a CD player. 


I love singing along to the Stereo's on the radio and of course on a rugby international day.  When I worked in radio, they performed at one of our Christmas parties, but this was a stripped down acoustic set.  It is very rare for us to go out as a foursome, and we have never all been to a concert together.  


After making them climb the stairs to the top, we headed to the Sytner Lounge.  It was an absolute air conditioned blessing.  Outside was 26 degrees, but it felt so much warmer.  We sat and looked out onto the pitch and the stage and watched the support acts; Fireroad a four piece band from Aberdare in the South Wales Valleys, PINS an all female line up and Jake Bugg.


We took our seats outside as the sun started to set.  The Stereo's were on stage for more than 2 hours, I danced and sang along at the top of my voice.  Head over to my Instagram to see videos of the gig.  The atmosphere was incredible, and the whole crowd were totally immersed in the show.  


After the show ended, and in effort to try to sober up as I had too many Strongbow Dark Fruits, we headed to McDonald's where they were doing a walk through.  They often do this on match day.  It was an incredible night, fantastic present - well done mum!

Comments